Back to collection
Object 356 of 2,558
PH-78, 1935On View
- Clyfford Still
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 51 3/4 x 62 5/8 in. (131.6 x 159.0 cm)
Clyfford Still, PH-78, 1935. Oil on canvas, 51 3/4 x 62 5/8 inches (131.6 x 159.0 cm). Clyfford Still Museum, Denver, CO.
© City and County of Denver / ARS, NY
- Inaugural Exhibition: Part II, Clyfford Still Museum, May 2–September 9, 2012
- No Sun: Clyfford Still's Dark World (with collection highlights), Clyfford Still Museum, April 9–September 24, 2017
- Collection highlights, Clyfford Still Museum, September 18, 2020–February 21, 2021 (extended to March 21, 2021)
- Stories We Tell: The Collection Two Ways, Clyfford Still Museum, March 26–September 12, 2021
- Polcari, Stephen. "Clyfford Still: Of Plentitude and Power." In Abstract Expressionism and the Modern Experience (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1991), 91-116.
- Anfam, David. "Clyfford Still's Art: Between the Quick and the Dead." In Clyfford Still: Paintings, 1944-1960 (exhibition, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C., June 21-September 16, 2001), edited by James T. Demetrion, 17–46. Washington, DC: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, 2001, p. 26–7
- Sobel, Dean and David Anfam. Clyfford Still: The Artist's Museum. New York: Skira Rizzoli, 2012.; cited in Sobel, Dean. "Why a Clyfford Still Museum?" In Clyfford Still: The Artist's Museum, 15–54. New York: Skira Rizzoli, 2012, p. 15.; cited in Anfam, David. "Still's Journey." In Clyfford Still: The Artist's Museum, 57–112. New York: Skira Rizzoli, 2012, p. 78, 81.
- Failing, Patricia. A Light of His Own: Clyfford Still at Yaddo. Denver: Clyfford Still Museum, 2018. Exhibition catalogue.