Back to collection
Object 733 of 2,596
PH-314, 1945Not on view
- The Spectre and the Perroquet
- Clyfford Still
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 62 1/2 x 45 1/2 in. (158.8 x 115.6 cm)
Clyfford Still, PH-314, 1945. Oil on canvas, 62 1/2 x 45 1/2 inches (158.8 x 115.6 cm). Clyfford Still Museum, Denver, CO.
© City and County of Denver / ARS, NY
- Paintings: Clyfford Still, Art of This Century Gallery, New York, February 12–March 2 [extended to March 7], 1946
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. "Clyfford Still." San Francisco: San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, 1976. Exhibition catalogue.
- O'Neill, John P., editor. Clyfford Still. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1979.
- Anfam, David. "Clyfford Still." PhD diss., University of London at the Courtauld Institute of Art, 1984.
- Still, Patricia. "Clyfford Still: Biography." In Clyfford Still (1904-1980): The Buffalo and San Francisco Collections, edited by Thomas Kellein, 145–168. Munich: Prestel-Verlag, 1992.
- David Anfam, '"Of the Earth, the Damned, and of the Recreated": aspects of Clyfford Still's earlier work,' Burlington Magazine, vol. 135, April 1993, ill. bw p. 265, 267
- Anfam, David. "Clyfford Still's Art: Between the Quick and the Dead." In Clyfford Still: Paintings, 1944-1960 (exhibition, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C., June 21-September 16, 2001), edited by James T. Demetrion, 17–46. Washington, DC: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, 2001, p. 30, 36
- Sobel, Dean. "Why a Clyfford Still Museum?" In Clyfford Still: The Artist's Museum, 15–54. New York: Skira Rizzoli, 2012, p. 19, 49.
- Sobel, Dean. "Why a Clyfford Still Museum?" In Clyfford Still Museum: Inaugural Publication, 21–67. Denver: Clyfford Still Museum, 2012.