Back to collection
Object 546 of 2,551
PH-203, 1943Not on view
- Clyfford Still
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 69 3/8 x 32 5/8 in. (176.3 x 82.8 cm)
Clyfford Still, PH-203, 1943. Oil on canvas, 69 3/8 x 32 5/8 inches (176.3 x 82.8 cm). Clyfford Still Museum, Denver, CO.
© City and County of Denver / ARS, NY
- Paintings by Clyfford Still, Albright Art Gallery, Buffalo, New York, November 5–December 13, 1959
- Clyfford Still, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, November 17, 1979–February 3, 1980
- Inaugural Exhibition: Part I, Clyfford Still Museum, November 18, 2011–April 29, 2012
- 1959: The Albright-Knox Art Gallery Exhibition Recreated, Clyfford Still Museum, February 14–June 15, 2014
- Collection highlights, Clyfford Still Museum, January 15–May 15, 2016
- Collection highlights, Clyfford Still Museum, May 20—October 9, 2016
- No Sun: Clyfford Still's Dark World (with collection highlights), Clyfford Still Museum, April 9–September 24, 2017
- Collection highlights, Clyfford Still Museum, January 26–April 29, 2018
- Collection highlights, Clyfford Still Museum, September 14, 2018–January 13, 2019
- Stories We Tell: The Collection Two Ways, Clyfford Still Museum, February 26–September 12, 2021 (dates TBC)
- Buffalo Fine Arts Academy and Albright Art Gallery. Paintings by Clyfford Still. Buffalo, New York: Buffalo Fine Arts Academy and Albright Art Gallery, 1959.
- Kuspit, Donald B. "Clyfford Still: The Ethics of Art." Artforum XV, no. 9 (1977): 32-40.
- O'Neill, John P., editor. Clyfford Still. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1979.
- Walker, James Faure. "Clyfford Still." Artscribe (June 1980): 16-21.
- Sims, Lowery S. "Clyfford Still." Flash Art 94-95 (January-February 1980): 4-8.
- Polcari, Stephen. "The Intellectual Roots of Abstract Expressionism: Clyfford Still." Art International 25 (May-June 1982): 18-35.
- Anfam, David. "Clyfford Still." PhD diss., University of London at the Courtauld Institute of Art, 1984.
- Sobel, Dean and David Anfam. Clyfford Still: The Artist's Museum. New York: Skira Rizzoli, 2012.; cited in Sobel, Dean. "Why a Clyfford Still Museum?" In Clyfford Still: The Artist's Museum, 15–54. New York: Skira Rizzoli, 2012, p. 15.