Back to collection
Object 638 of 2,551
PH-197, 1944Not on view
- The Grass Widow
- Clyfford Still
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 68 3/4 x 33 3/8 in. (174.8 x 84.8 cm)
Clyfford Still, PH-197, 1944. Oil on canvas, 68 3/4 x 33 3/8 inches (174.8 x 84.8 cm). Clyfford Still Museum, Denver, CO.
© City and County of Denver / ARS, NY
- Paintings: Clyfford Still, Art of This Century Gallery, New York, February 12–March 2 [extended to March 7], 1946
- Clyfford Still Exhibition, California Palace of the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, July 2–August 3, 1947
- Jewell, Edward Alden. "A War Memorial: Specific Plan Offered, With Background of Controversy--Some New Shows." New York Times, 24 February 1946, 6.
- Anfam, David. "'Of the Earth, the Damned, and of the Recreated': Aspects of Clyfford Still's Earlier Work." Burlington Magazine 135 (April 1993): 260-69.
- Anfam, David. "Clyfford Still's Art: Between the Quick and the Dead." In Clyfford Still: Paintings, 1944-1960 (exhibition, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C., June 21-September 16, 2001), edited by James T. Demetrion, 17–46. Washington, DC: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, 2001, p. 30