Back to collection
Object 866 of 2,551
PH-1078, 1951Not on view
- 1951-No. 1
- Clyfford Still
Dimensions (H x W x D)
- 113 x 158 in. (287.0 x 401.3 cm)
Clyfford Still, PH-1078, 1951. Oil on canvas, 113 x 158 inches (287 x 401.3 cm). Clyfford Still Museum, Denver, CO.
© City and County of Denver / ARS, NY
- Inaugural Exhibition: Part I, Clyfford Still Museum, November 18, 2011–April 29, 2012
- Red/Yellow/Blue (and Black and White), Clyfford Still Museum, January 25–May 19, 2013
- Collection highlights, Clyfford Still Museum, January 15–May 15, 2016
- Artists Select: Julian Schnabel, Clyfford Still Museum, January 20–April 2, 2017
- Artists Select: Mark Bradford, Clyfford Still Museum (SHADE), April 9–July 16, 2017
- Still & Art, Clyfford Still Museum, September 29, 2017–January 21, 2018
- Collection highlights, Clyfford Still Museum, January 26–April 29, 2018
- Collection highlights, Clyfford Still Museum, May 4–September 9, 2018
- O'Neill, John P., editor. Clyfford Still. New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, 1979.
- Marmer, Nancy. "Clyfford Still: The Extremist Factor." Art in America 68 (April 1980): 102-13.
- Sims, Lowery S. "Clyfford Still." Flash Art 94-95 (January-February 1980): 4-8.
- Benezra, Neal. "Clyfford Still's Replicas." In Clyfford Still: Paintings, 1944-1960 (exhibition, Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Washington, D.C., June 21-September 16, 2001), edited by James T. Demetrion, 87–98. Washington, DC: Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, Smithsonian Institution, 2001.
- Sobel, Dean. "Why a Clyfford Still Museum?" In Clyfford Still Museum: Inaugural Publication, 21–67. Denver: Clyfford Still Museum, 2012.
- Carpenter, Ken. "Clyfford Still Newly Revealed." Abstract Critical (17 June, 2013).
- Benezra, Neal. "Clyfford Still's Replicas." In Repeat/Recreate: Clyfford Still's "Replicas", Clyfford Still Museum, 11–35. Denver: Clyfford Still Museum Research Center, 2015; cited in Anfam, David. "Repeat/Recreate: Still's Multiplying Vision." In Repeat/Recreate: Clyfford Still's "Replicas", Clyfford Still Museum, 37–57. Denver: Clyfford Still Museum Research Center, 2015, p. 43.
- Albright-Knox Art Gallery. Clyfford Still, Mark Bradford: Shade. Buffalo, New York: Albright-Knox Art Gallery, 2016.
- Beauty Matters: Human Judgement and the Pursuit of New Beauties in Post-Digital Architecture. Architectural Design 5, no. 89. Edited by Yael Reisner (Sept./Oct. 2019)